Makweti’s Golden Crunchie Recipe
This recipe comes as a special treat. Those guests who have been fortunate enough to taste these crunchies straight from the Makweti kitchen, always request the recipe, and we stand by our promise to deliver it. The best part is that they are so simple to make, that even a novice in the kitchen can pull them off beautifully.
1 cup of desiccated coconut
1 cup of flour
1 cup of brown sugar
2 cups oats
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbs golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Mix the flour, coconut, oats and baking powder together
- Melt the butter and sugar together, then add the golden syrup and mix
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until combined
- Press the mixture down into a baking tray, keeping the mixture about 1.5cm thick. Make sure it is even and pressed into the corners and sides
- Place in the pre-heated over and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown
- Cut into squares while still warm and then leave to cool
Best served with a cup of tea or coffee, while overlooking a beautiful view!